Digital Marketing is on the rise like never before. Companies advertise goods in online media to effectively improve the traffic and selling of the product. Consumers are switching from traditional marketing to online shopping, in order to get important products at will. Most consumers use online shopping to get their desired product, rather than go to a physical store. Nowadays an online media is very necessary for the companies to promote them.
India is one of the world ‘s new and largest rising digital markets, and this would only expand the potential for digital marketers. Digital industry in India will generate more than 20 lakhs of jobs by the end of the year 2020. Digitization would have more effect in the coming years and thus it will be evident in the economy of the world.
Some of the skills that is neccessary in Digital Marketing in 2020 in India are:
- Soft skills
- public speaking
- Training the team
- Socializing skills
- How to pitch to a client or your boss or team
- Technical skills
- Design skills
- Video editing skills
- Basic excel skills
- Google analytics
- working with teams
- Leadership qualities
- Working under stress
Benefits of digital Marketing:
- Digital marketing is one of the most powerful form of marketing.
- Digital marketing has the power to change the way you meet your customers and get them involved.
- The most cost-effective way to market your company is to use the digital marketing techniques.
- The most measurable type of marketing is the digital marketing.
- One of the key advantages of digital marketing is that it lets you reach your ideal customers.
- Most people start the journey online from their buyer.
- Your customers are on social media, and you can meet them through digital marketing.
How you can Started Digital Marketing Journey
- You need to be interested and more focused in starting Digital Marketing Journey. This does’nt mean you should quit your current job.
- It would be great if you read digital marketing blogs
- You should attend digital marketing events, webinars,meetings to collect more ideas.
- Watching Youtube videos.
- Start your own blog.
- Join the marketing courses
Methods of digital marketing
There are various methods of digital marketing such as
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Content marketing,
- Influencer marketing
- Content Automation,
- E-commerce marketing
- Social media marketing
- Social media optimization
- E-mail direct marketing,
- Display advertising
Career Opportunities in 2020
Digital marketing is quickly becoming the backbone of every company’s revenue generation. Even traditional brick and mortar companies see the advantages of staying on top in digital media.
Social Media Manager
A key task for a Social Media Manager is to handle the social network of an organization. Even one needs to be mindful of social trends and talks. Similarly, being a master at handling different platforms is a must. A social media professional must be alert to the new developments and direct the implementation of the latest strategies on social media networks.
As an SEO manager, from preparation to execution, you will oversee the overall SEO strategy for the organization. Your main goal is to boost the company’s search engine ranking, particularly on Google.
PPC Marketing Manager
As a marketing manager for PPC, your job will be to oversee the campaigns pay-per-click. In Google Advertising and on Bing, Facebook and Instagram, you’ll be responsible for running client campaigns.
Your primary job as a blogger is to write, edit, and post content on a web site or blog. Your purpose is to improve traffic to the web by writing content that is interesting to the reader and educational as well.
As an influencer, your main job is to promote post, goods , or services of a brand on social media as you integrate it into your everyday life. In addition, you will be constantly engaging with your followers. You will have responsibilities including:-Engage with the brand in social media-Promoting services.
Qualifications needed to Become a Digital Marketer?
If you are qualified and ready for a digital marketing job, there’s a broad array of options. The opportunities are as infinite as your ability to pursue them. Digital marketing is a rising field where a little experience will go a long way so upgrading your skills is never too late. If you are new to digital marketing or not, being a Digital Marketer certified would give you a competitive advantage and a cross-section of expertise that can be spread through multiple forums.