Graphic design is a art of creating the visual communication contents which combines ideas, words, images in order to convey informations and to produce special effects for the audiences. Normally, it is the way to bring the ideas through graphics and design.
Graphic Designer Duties & Responsibilities
- Graphic designers create visual concepts
- Graphic design is either done by hand or by the help of computer software’s, software’s like InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and many more.
- It is done to communicate the ideas that captivate, educate and inspire the consumers.
- They develops and creates overall design of the layouts , web pages , logos, magazine covers, market reports, advertisements, books and many more.
- Meet up with the clients in order to gain the understandings of what they want and their expectations. Create and add pictures and design to reflect the expected theme and tone desired.
- Review final error outputs, and ensure that final prints match customer requirements.
Graphic Designer Average Salary in Nepal 2020
An individual who is working as a graphic designer in Nepal usually earns around NPR 73,600 a month.
Salaries vary between NPR 33,900 (lowest) and NPR 117,000 (highest).
This average salary for housing, transportation and other benefits. It is the average monthly wage for housing, transportation and other benefits. Salaries for graphic designers differs depending on experience, qualifications, gender or location.
Graphic Designer Salary Trend and Forecast in Nepal
Amount of experience is one of the most important. Factor to determine the salary. More the years of salary, more the years of experience.
Following are the Graphic designers salary by Breaking down on the basis of experience level.
- A graphic designer who has experience less than two years creates about 38,400 NPRs every month.
- Someone with an experience level of two to five years would earn 51,300 NPR per month, 34 per cent more than anyone with less than two years of experience.
- An experience level between five and ten years earns a salary of 75,900 NPR per month, 48% more than someone who has experience of two to five years.
Elements of Graphic Design
Graphic design uses image-based designs that may include photos, illustrations, logos and symbols, typography, or a combination of one or more techniques. These designs may include various combinations of the following design elements.
What software does a graphic designer use?
The software that are mostly used by graphic designers are photoshop, Illustrator, Indeign maily for making logos and for design. Designers use Microsoft powerpoint tools , video animation tools for visual presentation.
What jobs can a Graphic Designer get?
For graphic designer, there are a lot of positions available in Nepal. In some cases you needs to know some of the additional knowledge. Additional knowledge that you need will depends on the job position that you are looking for. Following are some of the job positions that a graphic designer can get:
- Art Director
- Creative Director
- Drafter (Architecture and Engineering)
- Film and Video Editor
- Graphic Designer
- Industrial/Product Designer
- Marketing Manager
- Multimedia Artist/Animator
- Technical Writer
- Web Designer
Some of the Graphic design that’ll be big in 2020
- 3D design and typography
- Asymmetrical layouts
- Art Deco
- Modern Mid-Century Modern
- The evolution of duotones and gradients
- Warm and moody color palettes for photos
- Light and delicate custom illustrations
- Buxom serifs
- Open compositions
- Isometric design
3D design and typography
3D design is the modeling of a producst done in a virtual environment in which product has three dimensions i.e. height, width and depth.
3D modeling mainly promotes and speeds up your life as a product designer, which allows you for more time and energy to refine your work. These are used with a wide variety of media including Illustration, engineering, video games, commercial advertising, architecture and many more.
Typography helps to enhance the elegance and beauty of the website or in a graphic design. It can also quickly attract the reader’s attention and also helps to direct them naturally by using text only.
Asymmetrical layouts are one of the most powerful concepts in design toolkits. This is a technique which grabs the attention of the visitors, makes it interesting and thought-provoking.
Some of the designers usually stays away from totally asymmetrical projects because it is tricky to use. But you doesn’t have to do so because using this asymmetrical layouts is something which can be done by every designers, all need to do is just planning.
Art deco is one of the most popular design style of the 1920s and 1930s which is characterized in particular by by bold outlines, geometric and stylized forms, and the use man-made materials and also by new materials like plastics.